Anaesthetised and intubated/cannulated animals are connected to the eSpira FOT system. Ventilation (volume or pressure controlled) is then started, and the eDacq protocol is run to ensure that the experiment is carried out in a consistent manner. At the end of each run the data will be automatically summarised and saved to GLP standards.
One or all of the manoeuvres can be added to the protocol with voice prompts and reminders to ensure that nothing is missed or forgotten. Examples of protocol steps:
• Pressure-limited TLC or a hyper-ventilation to recruit the airways and ensure stable baseline.
• Volume and/or pressure controlled PV loop with Salazar Knowles data fit on expiration.
• Snapshot resistance for single compartment model, by use of single sinusoidal frequency for resistance, compliance and elastance.
• Primewave manoeuvre, which contains up to 19 multiple frequencies to provide a complex understanding of the lung impedance (values defined as G and H).
• Aerosol delivery, timed and controlled by the protocol to deliver drug or a constriction agents. Can be synchronised with ventilation.
eSpiraTM builds on EMMS’ experience of forced oscillation systems, and uses the principals first published in the 1980s.
查看EMMS eSpiraTM FOT振荡法动物呼吸功能检测系统 产品的用户还对以下产品感兴趣