- inject i.p. 250µl/mouse of the ANESTHETIC mixture < wait for 2-10min for the anesthetic effect>
- for verify the anesthetic effect check plantar reflexes (animal must be unresponsive to squeezing hind feet)
Preparation of the operation area
1. wash the surgical and adjacent area with C 2 H5OH-70%
2. raze the fur with the razor
3. wash the surgical area with C2 H 5 OH-70%
- At the left hypochondrium make a 1.5-2cm "skin, muscles and peritoneum" incision with surgical scissors
- Gently trap and push the spleen free of adjacent tissue, separate its мlegо with blunt-ended scissors or forceps
- By a single knot tie off the artery with a 3-0 plane CATGUT by looping the suture through the mesentary (the artery enters the spleen at the superior polus). If necessary by a single knot tie off the efferent venule (exits the spleen at the inferior polus)
- Cut away the connective tissue and remove the spleen
- Apply on the open wound 1 pinch of Astrexene (Chlorhexidin HCl) (5mg/g)
- Apply on the peritoneum and muscles the мUо-like suture with plane CATGUT (3-0)
- Apply on the skin the мUо-like suture with ETHICON MERSILENE (3-0)
1. inject 250ul/mouse of the "WAKENING MIXTURE"
Post operation period
1. after the operation took place let the animals to rest for at least 7 days in a cage with the filter
2. observe animals every day
- ANESTHETIC MIXTURE=mix 1ml of Domitor (Medetomidin HCl) (1mg/ml) , 1ml of Imalgene (Ketaminum HCl) (50mg/ml) and 8ml of PBS <all steril>.
- "WAKENING MIXTURE"=mix 1ml of ANTISEDAN (Atipamezole HCl) (5mg/ml) and 9ml of PBS <all sterile!>
Survey the mice for some time after this operation.